Help !!!! Not able to install the arduino driver.

My Brand New Arduino Uno R3 is not connecting to my PC with Windows 7 Ultimate. When I install the driver, it says “The best driver for this device has already been installed on your PC” . I’m not able to connect my board. I’m sure I did everything right. I even watched a video of how to install Arduino driver on Windows and I did the same thing, but it doesn’t work.

That error is returned when the computer cannot enumerate the device. There are a few things that can cause such an error. For starters you can try replacing the USB cord and connecting the device to a USB 2.0 port directly on your pc/laptop.

Let me know if either of those work.

I did replace the wire and tried it. It still said the same thing !!!!

try ftdi drivers from here:
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

not sure if it will work...

Grab a magnifying glass and have a look at the USB-Serial chip that is on your board. Knowing the identity of this chip will allow me to better advice you.

The chip can usually be found in the vicinity of the area encircled in red in the following picture.
Uno-front-DFU-reset.png

it's more simple than that!!!
control panel> Device manager > click on that driver then proprieties then update manually then go to c:> program files (x86) > arduino > drivers then chose the driver for your arduino that's it :o

i did look at the chip. i dont see anything unusual there. But whenever i connect the board to the PC, that chip heats up (hot enough to cause burns)

hasinhafiz:
i did look at the chip. i dont see anything unusual there. But whenever i connect the board to the PC, that chip heats up (hot enough to cause burns)

The chip might be malfunctioning. However, I actually wanted you to tell me the name of the chip. Have a look at it, you might have to use a magnifying glass, and let me know what is written on it.