help on ftdi ft232bl chip

Hello everybody

I have a board,thad was designed for direct communication whit computer using FTDI FT232 chip.
Computer send STATR comand to the the board and then the board send data to computer continuously
etch 100 milisecond.

now,I need to read data from the board to an arduino uno or mega, whitout using computer.
the only ouput of the board is ft232 chip.

is there any solutuion?

There are several options, serial, I2C, SPI etc, but it all depends on what you are sending it from and how far away it is.

What is this board? Do you have any documentation on it?

The FTDI is used for communication, to either read machine language or write it. So if you plug your device onto your PC it reads through the chip.
If you know what you want to read from it just let the arduino read it. It shouldn't be much of a problem...

Best regards
MajorProb

"now,I need to read data from the board to an arduino uno or mega, whitout using computer.
the only ouput of the board is ft232 chip."
The chip needs a Master to talk to it to set up communications.
You can bypass the FTDI chip, connect D0 to D1, D1 to D0, (or Rx to Tx, and Tx to Rx via Mega's other Serial1,2,3 ports) and Gnd to Gnd and have direct comm's that way.

Thank you all for your replies, I appreciate it.

Graynomad:
There are several options, serial, I2C, SPI etc, but it all depends on what you are sending it from and how far away it is.

What is this board? Do you have any documentation on it?

you can see the board in the uploaded photo.

the inputs to the board are a loadcell and an encoder, the output to the computer is through a ft232.
the ouput format is “string”(as an example: :0.22266 L0EEEE0S).
this output is for computer and as you see in the picture, it is a female USB B port.
I want to connect this output to my microcontroller serial pins(rx and tx pins) instead of my laptop usb com port. However, I want to do nothing with the boad( any soldering or manipulating at all), instead, I want to use an interface circuit for this purpose. What type of an interface circuit do you suggest for me?
thak you

Is this micro intriguer an Arduino?
If so you need a USB host shield.

However doing "nothing" with the board is making yourself a whole heap of other work.

MajorProb:
The FTDI is used for communication, to either read machine language or write it. So if you plug your device onto your PC it reads through the chip.
If you know what you want to read from it just let the arduino read it. It shouldn't be much of a problem...

Best regards
MajorProb

you are right, but i do not want to use PC. i want to communicate to an arduino borad like mega or uno

CrossRoads:
"now,I need to read data from the board to an arduino uno or mega, whitout using computer.
the only ouput of the board is ft232 chip."
The chip needs a Master to talk to it to set up communications.
You can bypass the FTDI chip, connect D0 to D1, D1 to D0, (or Rx to Tx, and Tx to Rx via Mega's other Serial1,2,3 ports) and Gnd to Gnd and have direct comm's that way.

i do not understand, i would be thankful if you could to explain whit a schematic.

Grumpy_Mike:
Is this micro intriguer an Arduino?
If so you need a USB host shield.

However doing "nothing" with the board is making yourself a whole heap of other work.

Great.

I do not have any information about the micro of board, but i guess it is not an arduino.

If i use a USB host shield, I just can connect it to the USB port of arduino or i can to use it to connect the board to RX and TX of arduino?
does the USB host shield provide both read and write?

If i use a USB host shield, I just can connect it to the USB port of arduino

No you connect it to the USB port on the USB host shield.

does the USB host shield provide both read and write?

Yes

"i do not understand, i would be thankful if you could to explain whit a schematic."
Having seen the board now, what is the microcontroller part number?
Do you have a schematic of the board?