Help on hardware choice for project

Hi everyone,

I a newbie, brand new with arduino and with the forum. I try to do my research before posting but like 90% of the first poster I am probably posting in the wrong place, or probably asking something already asked. My apologies.

I would like to know if someone could give me the first little push I need to start my project.
I would like to create a mobile robot with a camera that can be controlled by an app on a remote network (not local network or direct wifi connection).
I believe the IoT arduino should be my start correct ?
Using the arduino IoT cloud to control the robot remotely? The robot will be very simple, 2 wheels controlled, 1 motor for the camera tilt and 1 camera. I have the motors already (scavenge from old toy).
I am looking for the right arduino, the right camera and wifi/IoT module to be able to remotely have a live streaming of the camera and controls of the car.
Is what I want to do possible? And can someone please tutor me in choosing the right hardware. I will figure it out from there but I need the right hardware to start.

I will really appreciate any advices.

Side note: it is for my parents that are leaving over sea and are having a hard time with the distance, they want an interactive way to enjoy my kids. I found some security robot online but the reviews are bad and they are expensive. I believe that with my professional skills I would able to build something that will be better, probably cheaper and that I can maintain myself.

Have a great day.

Thank you

To be successful, build your robot FIRST and get it operational in a manual mode, Only then can you determine what automation is needed to control it.

Paul

IoT? WiFi?

If so, forget Arduinox as such, you want to start with an ESP8266, perhaps a WeMOS D1 Mini.

Paul_KD7HB:
To be successful, build your robot FIRST and get it operational in a manual mode, Only then can you determine what automation is needed to control it.

Paul

Thank you Paul. I wanted to take this route too but i realize that I may have to restart from scratch including reordering parts compatible with wifi/remote control. I though I may start directly with the right parts, after I agree first step would be to make it work in local but as soon as I am successful I can keep same hardware and upgrade it to remote.
Once again not sure what I am doing, so i really appreciate your help.

Paul__B:
IoT? WiFi?

If so, forget Arduinox as such, you want to start with an ESP8266, perhaps a WeMOS D1 Mini.

Ok perfect, thank you Paul. I am going to research these devices and start from there.

An ESP32-CAM might be useful for this.

…R

Robin2:
An ESP32-CAM might be useful for this.

...R

Great thank you Robin.