Help on Midi controller

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this forum so I hope this is a good place to ask this question. First of all I have some experience with arduino but this is my first really big project and I want to check everything before buying about 100 dollars of parts.

So I designed my own MIDI controller something like Pioneer DDJ-1000, 4 channel 2 turntables etc.. And I have few potentiometers and push buttons already with me so I tested everything with Hairlerss MIDI and everything seems to be running good, but that was only with small amount of parts, the real project needs alot more.

So in total I would need about 35 potentiometers, 40+ push buttons and 100 LED (60 LED controller in groups of 10 and other controller 1 by 1) so my question is what is the best method to connect all of this to a Arduino UNO (Not a original UNO but everything that I made so far worked so its probably the same thing) i have A0 A1 A2 A3 A3 A5 analog pins and 13 Digital pins.

On the best tutorial so far I found uses multiplexers in daisy chain (The guy is called notes and volts, and he suggested using 8 or 16 port multiplexers and than daisy chaining them) but I am quite concerned because there are a lot of parts here which need to be fast(there won't be more than 3 button clicks at the same time but because its a DJ controller I need the lowest latency possible) and I am also concerned if my Arduino will handle all of this with his low internal memory.

So for someone who understands DJ or MIDI equipment I need input for 4 channels with 3 band EQ, 4 volume faders, 2 pitch/tempo faders and 1 crossfader, need 2 turntables(encoders which I will use as turntables), 16 performance pads and other buttons that are located on the real controller.

And I am planning to use MIDI ports not the Hairless MIDI connection because I think that they are faster(I guess?) I hope that my question is not confusing and that someone can help me! Thanks in advance!!!

Here is the picture of controller : https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/product/controller/ddj-1000/black/overview/

Multiplexer Tutorial page : http://www.notesandvolts.com/2016/07/arduino-midi-controller-multiplexers.html

there won't be more than 3 button clicks at the same time but because its a DJ controller I need the lowest latency possible

Unless it is a robot DJ it won't be an issue. Human mechanical movement is glacial compared to electronic speeds.

You can read a pot normally at 10,000 reads per second and there are techniques to increase that if it is not enough.

And I am planning to use MIDI ports not the Hairless MIDI connection because I think that they are faster(I guess?)

Guess wrong.