help on timelapse project

I am trying to create a timelapse dolly similar to this one https://plus.google.com/photos/110538920690502229437/albums/5921632706871969713 and heres the code: http://pastebin.com/tc01EFaB

i am struggling with the electrics/controller but instead of using just the chip i have an arduino uno r3 i think all the other parts are the same or very similar if any one could help me or tips on how i could make this work would be much appriciated. i am a complete newbie to arduino :)

Ok so we have a dolly on a track, and you want to move the dolly, wait for a time, take a photo/shoot a frame and then repeat? IS this correct?

Mark

i have a geared dc 12 v motor and lcd and aim on powering this with a 3 cell lipo 11.1v i have 3 momentary push buttons and 2 switches. how can i connect everything together and are there any other parts i need.

i would like to be able to control things like the amount of shots and the distance the motor moves the camera also how long the camera stays stationary. not sure if i need the board to control the camera as i have a separate intervalometer for that and have magic lantern installed on my camera.

yes that is pretty much what i would like to do but using the lcd to change the length of time etc for each individual timelapse thanks

His construction looks like overkill; I'd suggest you look into the offerings from Makerslide or OpenRail. You'll save a lot of time in fabrication and at probably the same cost.

I'd suggest using 28BYJ-48 stepper motors for your movement. The advantage is that you'll have a much more determinate speed.

With respect to how to build an interface with your LCD and "X" number of switches there are no straightforward answers. Try searching the forum for "LCD menu library" for a few ideas, though.

i already have a dolly slider built that use quite abit, im just wanting to upgrade it so that i can have moving timelapses. i have already bought the arduino uno r3 an lcd some buttons and a 12v geared motor as i needed the higher torque for the camera as i possibly plan to do near vertical timelapses. would it make it easier if i had a motor shield. i read somewhere about powering the motor shield separately to the board if using a high voltage motor. or is there any other similar motor shields that would make this work.

thanks

lupowarrior: i already have a dolly slider built that use quite abit, im just wanting to upgrade it so that i can have moving timelapses. i have already bought the arduino uno r3 an lcd some buttons and a 12v geared motor as i needed the higher torque for the camera as i possibly plan to do near vertical timelapses. would it make it easier if i had a motor shield. i read somewhere about powering the motor shield separately to the board if using a high voltage motor. or is there any other similar motor shields that would make this work.

thanks

There was a project on here recently by someone automating a canon camera - let me dig it up

Here is it

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=177345.0

This will give you some idea of the approach he took and the reasons why

Craig

Ive heard a lot about openmoko but i cant seem to get on the website :~