Help Please. Error when uploading Sketch

Hi all, I am building a Vorpal robot with my son. The sketches are available at GitHub - vorpalrobotics/VorpalHexapod: Arduino code for both the Vorpal Hexapod and Vorpal Hexapod Gamepad.

I was able to upload the sketch for the gamepad to my arduino uno. I get the below error when I try to upload the sketch for the robot Arduino Uno. Can someone assist me with how I can upload the robot sketch?
Thanks,

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino Nano, ATmega328P”

C:\Users\Basement\Documents\3D Prints\Vorpal\Vorpal-Hexapod-Robot\Vorpal-Hexapod-Robot.ino:74:37: fatal error: Adafruit_PWMServoDriver.h: No such file or directory

#include <Adafruit_PWMServoDriver.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Nano.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

It's saying you haven't installed the Adafruit_PWMServoDriver library. You need to install it using the Library Manager.

Steve

OK, thank you. I will try and figure that out now.

OK, I installed that library. Now I get the below error when I try to upload. Is this another missing library? I tried searching the libraries for pixy.h but didn’t see it. Thanks again for your help!

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328P"

C:\Users\Basement\Documents\3D Prints\Vorpal\Vorpal-Hexapod-Robot\Vorpal-Hexapod-Robot.ino:77:18: fatal error: Pixy.h: No such file or directory

#include <Pixy.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Nano.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Read the error message. Does it look at all similar to your first error message? If so, perhaps the solution is the same.

Thats what I thought too, but when I go to search for Pixy.h in libraries, I cannot find it. I found the first file in the Library. Could it be listed under a different file name than pixy?

This is very annoying. On https://github.com/vorpalrobotics/VorpalHexapod it says:

Please see the project wiki on our website for complete details including how to build the robot, where to download the libraries

but I find no mention of the libraries anywhere in their wiki. I don't understand why people don't just add a comment after the #include directives for external dependencies explaining where they can be found.

I did find a Pixy library via a Google search. You can install it by:

pert:
I don't understand why people don't just add a comment after the #include directives for external dependencies explaining where they can be found.

Absolutely agree. Any #include's that are not part of the standard IDE download should have a comment on the same line as the #include giving the download URL.

pert:
This is very annoying. On GitHub - vorpalrobotics/VorpalHexapod: Arduino code for both the Vorpal Hexapod and Vorpal Hexapod Gamepad. it says:but I find no mention of the libraries anywhere in their wiki.

Interestingly enough going to the above github page gives you these three links

Main Hexapod Page: http://vorpalrobotics.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vorpal_The_Hexapod Assembly Instructions: http://vorpalrobotics.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vorpal_The_Hexapod_Building_Instructions Arduino Libraries and other files: http://vorpalrobotics.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vorpal_Hexapod_Source_Files

The last one of which takes you to the wiki page dealing with the source code and libraries.

On that page there is this link to a dropbox page

The latest stable release source plus a copy of all required libraries and some other useful files are on our source support dropbox page: Vorpal Hexapod Source Support Files

This page contains a sub-directory named libraries which contains two zip files:-

• Adafruit-PWM-Servo-Driver-Library-master.zip
  • arduino_pixy-0.1.7.zip

Not exactly difficult to find if you read the wiki pages. Much better documentation than a lot of other projects posted on the web. Try finding the “correct” library for a source file containing:-

#include <DS3231.h>

All the libraries seem to be called DS3231 and they are all very different. :confused:

Ian

IanCrowe:
The last one of which takes you to the wiki page dealing with the source code and libraries.

You're right. I missed that third link due to the poor formatting of that page it looked like part of the assembly instructions link to me.

IanCrowe:
Not exactly difficult to find if you read the wiki pages

That page is not directly linked from the main page of the wiki. You have to go to the "Technical guides" and then "How to Get the Source Files" pages. I'd expect this to be a prominent part of the documentation. If I wrote it I'd put full instructions for using the software right after the assembly documentation.

IanCrowe:

• arduino_pixy-0.1.7.zip

Looks like the library I found was correct since it has the same version.

Worked like a charm You guys are awesome. Thank you very much. This is our first project involving an arduino. I have ordered a book and will try my best to learn more. Thanks again for all your help! Now I am on to setting the two bluetooth modules to master and slave.