help! programming attiny85 (only have a little over a week left to finish)

i stuck on this one and none of the guides seem to help i am trying to program the ATtiny85( arduinoISP program) and everything seems to program correctly but when i go to test it (using the blink program), it is the board that is programmed and not the chip i am almost positive i done the set up correctly i have followed the instructions on Index of / if anyone can give me some pointers i would appreciate it i only have about a week left and once this problem is solved i can but my projects program on it and my project will be done.

What those instructions don't explicitely mention and what I personally didn't realize is that you need to open the "ArduinoISP" sketch first and upload that to your Uno or whatever you use as the ISP. Then, reset the board and do the "Burn Bootloader" once, with the right board (ATTiny85) selected. It won't actually burn a bootloader, but set the correct fuses on the ATTiny85. Then upload your actual sketch to the ATTiny85 and things should be fine.

i don't think it worked the light will blink and then stay dimly on BUT it will still blink with out the chip that means it went to the uno and not the attiny correct?

mkent023:
it is the board that is programmed and not the chip

Have you modified the host board to prevent it resetting? A capacitor connected between reset and gnd is the method usually recommended.

mkent023:
i don't think it worked the light will blink and then stay dimly on BUT it will still blink with out the chip that means it went to the uno and not the attiny correct?

Way too many pronouns in that statement.

thanks to everyone for your help it turns out i am an idiot and forgot to change pin13 to pin 0 in the program

And a heartfelt thanks to you for letting us know. It is a mistake anyone could make, and may very well help someone else in the future. You might add (Solved) to the subject line.