HELP Radio Frequency Circuit

I am working on a science project with my friend and our idea is to create circuits so that when the receiver and transmitter come close enough together it lights a warning LED. We have found code for both the receiver and transmitter that transmits a message saying WARNING! which can be seen in the serial monitor of the computer that the receiving circuit is plugged into. Our goal is to have an LED light when a signal is received, but we have almost no experience in coding meaning we have almost no clue what we are doing :frowning: We preferably want to not have to use the serial monitor and have the circuits able to work when powered independently using a 9v battery, not needing to be plugged into a computer. We just need to know how to wire the LED into the receiving circuit and how to edit the code to make the LED light every time it receives a signal. I have attached both the receiver and transmitter sketches.

Transmitter_Sketch.ino (422 Bytes)

receiver_sketch.ino (687 Bytes)

What technology for receiver and transmitter do You think of using?

Railroader: What technology for receiver and transmitter do You think of using?

we are using 433 mhz radio frequency receivers and transmitters, i have a link to the ones we bought here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aukru-Wireless-Transmitter-Receiver-Raspberry/dp/B00R2U8OEU/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1543973078&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=rf+transmitter+and+receiver&dpPl=1&dpID=51m4imbs7ML&ref=plSrch

How close is "too close"? How do you plan on measuring the distance between the two devices exactly?

billymurphy333: I have attached both the receiver and transmitter sketches.

Do they work ?

Assuming that the radio side is performing adequately, what is wrong with using the onboard LED on pin 13?

MorganS: Assuming that the radio side is performing adequately, what is wrong with using the onboard LED on pin 13?

it’s working perfectly but we need to be able to use the circuit without using the serial monitor, and we need an external LED to fit onto a piece that will fit in front of the circuit

srnet: Do they work ?

yes both sketches work, but we need to slightly modify them so we can make the circuits do exactly what we need. The sketches i found online and i have almost no idea how to code so this is why im here :)

billymurphy333: yes both sketches work, but we need to slightly modify them so we can make the circuits do exactly what we need. The sketches i found online and i have almost no idea how to code so this is why im here :)

Well now is the time to start learning code.

Look at the program you posted, there will be a section where the serial monitor message is printed, this is where you need to add code to turn on the LED.

Then look at the example 'Blink' sketch and in there you will see how you use code to turn an LED on and off.

srnet: Well now is the time to start learning code.

Look at the program you posted, there will be a section where the serial monitor message is printed, this is where you need to add code to turn on the LED.

Then look at the example 'Blink' sketch and in there you will see how you use code to turn an LED on and off.

I would start learning, i think it’d be a great skill to have, only the project is due within a month and we have other aspects of it to focus on such as the write ups which have to be 50 pages long each.

So you have a project to complete, which you dont have the skills or time to do ?

When you write up the project, would you say that its not your own work ?

srnet: So you have a project to complete, which you dont have the skills or time to do ?

When you write up the project, would you say that its not your own work ?

The project is based on an idea which uses radio frequency to work. In the write ups we give credit to sources such as people and forums that help us and which parts of the project they helped us in. The idea of the project is to show how this technology can be used in simple ways to do things people haven’t thought of before.

billymurphy333: The project is based on an idea which uses radio frequency to work. In the write ups we give credit to sources such as people and forums that help us and which parts of the project they helped us in. The idea of the project is to show how this technology can be used in simple ways to do things people haven’t thought of before.

Well that is quite an interesting project. Although it involves more philosophy than electronics. How do you know if you have never thought of something before? Do you wright down every thing you think about? How about a million or two people?

Paul

billymurphy333: simple ways to do things people haven’t thought of before.

It is extremely unlikely that you come up with a truly novel idea. And if you actually did, you'd likely be much better off spending that time writing a patent application instead.

It don't sound like y'all are gonna get much help here. folks here don't much like doing other folks homework assignments. you guys got a lot of reading to do. you might want to look into Near Field RF. Google is your friend. good luck.

billymurphy333

I am happy to write the code for you. Before I do that please give me the name and contact details for your tutor and tell them to expect me to call them. I will advise them of my role in your project.