help read row by row from file SDcard

hi everybody there is any command to read from a file row by row?if no,how can 'i do it? thank you very much

there is any command to read from a file row by row?

No, because data is not stored that way. A "row" is an artificial construct that you create. It is some data followed by some specific marker that says this is a new row.

So, you simply read the bytes until you get the marker, and you have read a "row".

We have no idea what you want to do with the data you have read, or what marker you have used to define a "row".

thank you for the reply

the data i want to read is like this: 2012-08-02|17:34:26:|35.64 2012-08-02|17:34:34:|35.64 2012-08-02|17:34:44:|36.13 2012-08-02|17:34:52:|36.13 2012-08-02|17:35:00:|36.13 2012-08-02|17:35:08:|36.13 2012-08-02|17:35:16:|36.62

the data i want to read is like this:

What have you tried? What are you going to do with that data?

Depending on which program/operating system wrote the data, there are one or two characters between two lines of a text file...

i'm using winows 7 i will recieve fom the web the time that indicates from .. to.. i need to read from the file (on sd card)only the data for that time,not all the file,

i need to read from the file (on sd card)only the data for that time,not all the file

you need to open the file for reading, read the file, byte by byte, check for new line characters, check every new line for the desired date. When you found it: convert the remainder of the line to the number you're interested in, close the file and return that number.

Sounds complicated, but the really complicated stuff is already hidden in the SD library.

On windows, a newline indicator consists of two characters. On windows7 you might have to take care not to use unicode encoding, which just stores every character in annoying 2 bytes.

the new line here is '\n' or '\n\r'?

\r\n

Which means for your purposes that you can read characters into a buffer until you encounter a '\n' and then parse out the components you want.

Which means for your purposes that you can read characters into a buffer until you encounter a '\n' and then parse out the components you want.

Be sure not to store the \r in the array, though.

tahnk you,it works