Help reading with TSL2591

So, I have been able to follow the instructions and get the lux and luminosity values read through the com port. What I would like to do instead is read out the voltage values that correspond to the lux and luminosity values seen on the serial monitor.

I have tried using the DAC on the Arduino to analog write out the data, but I am not getting the return I expected. The TSL2591 SDA is connected to the A4 pin on the Arduino, and the DAC0 is on A0/D14.

I expected I would be able to read the input on A4 and map it to A0, then write it out from A0 to the serial monitor.

Any suggestions to help me? I can post some code if it would help.

Thank you!

Mark

The TSL2591 does not have an analog interface. You can only read the data using I2C.

Next time, please post a link to the datasheets for non-Arduino components on the manufacturers web page. This will help people to help you and shows you have looked at it yourself. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response, and I already knew that the interface was I2C, thus digital. I was hoping I could convert the digital output to analog and read the voltages using some built in Arduino functions. I will continue my investigation myself. Next time I will post the datasheet, my bad.