Help requested from all DUE owners please.

Hi everybody,

I was recently involved in helping somebody aiming to achieve higher Serial speed throughput on a project he was working on, but he mentioned something useful. The fastest speed he found the programming port of the DUE to work at was 614400 baud, but said it doesn't work on all DUE's, I wanted a quick straw poll of anybody willing to test this theory? Can you feedback here please if 614400 works for you, preferably doing something involving Arduino->PC transfers at that speed.

Thanks.

Regards,

Graham

I think I have answered my own question. It ‘works’ but it is not stable or reliable in my experiments…

I would still be interested to hear any other experiences from you.

Regards,

Graham

Graham, Would you use the programming port on the DUE for anything other than programming?

Personally no, but an awful lot of people seem to have problems with the Native port. I am writing a Windows app for my UTFT_GHL library that I would like to be a ‘one size fits all’ kind of thing. As we know, the Native port disregards whatever speed you specify in the begin() statement, so what I was hoping to achieve was a hard-coded serial port speed as high as possible which would function with Mega and Due Programming port. It may not be the best approach, and it may not be ideal, but it makes my life easier. Since I cannot get the programming port on the Due to work reliably above 250000, that’s what I am going to settle with.

Regards,

Graham