Help this newbie out! Handbrake for assetto corsa

Hey guys, very new to this arduino thing, doing my best to figure it out but I’ve hit a wall.

The Project: Make a pressure sensitive handbrake for my racing simulator because no one sells them.

What I’m using: Teensy 2.0, Potentiometer and my good ol’ windows 10 computer.

Where I’m at: So I’ve successfully set up everything, all soldered and serial monitor reads input.

MY PROBLEM: Now I’m trying to make assetto corsa read the input. I believe I’m missing some important information to get the teensy to act as a joystick or something. I’m not really sure… It obviously reads input, but how do I translate that input into something assetto corsa can read?

T.I.A. I will be spamming the refresh button all day 'til I figure it out. HELP A BROTHA DRIFT!!!

You are making a few large assumptions including ...

• that we know what an "assetto corsa" is
  • that we know how it "reads input"

...R

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulator game, and I know it reads input because it see it reading in the serial monitor

ryan211013: and I know it reads input because it see it reading in the serial monitor

You don't seem to have grasped the fact that if you expect someone to help you then you need to ensure that they know how it works. The fact that you know is not much help to us.

...R

I'm sorry, like I said, very new.

When I have the serial monitor open it will show me figures from 0-255 as I move the potentiometer. If i turn it all the way one way i get 0, if I turn it all the way the other way I get 255.

ryan211013:
When I have the serial monitor open it will show me figures from 0-255 as I move the potentiometer. If i turn it all the way one way i get 0, if I turn it all the way the other way I get 255.

Most people who help here will be familiar with that.

But what you have repeatedly not done is help us become familiar with this asetto corsa thing that you are using.

Post the code that you are using to get those values.

And when posting code please use the code button </>so your code looks like thisand is easy to copy to a text editor See How to use the Forum

…R

ryan211013, as Robin2 said you are assuming that Arduino fans are fully aware about Asserto Corsa and its accessories and how these accessories, in your case the handbrake, reads the input.

I don’t know if this link will be helpful to you. GitHub - AM-STUDIO/Analog-E-Brake: Analog E Brake Handbrake for Sim Racing