Help! Transmit data through USB port using digital pins

Help guys, is it possible to transmit/recieve data to the computer through the USB port of the arduino if I convert two digital pins to TX and RX aside from 0,1 pins? Thanks!

Yes. You could use the software serial driver to output serial data from other I/O pins but you'd need a TTL to USB converter to receive the data on a computer.

The Arduino Mega have addition hardware serial ports which wouldn't cause the trouble software serial would. You'd still need a TTL to USB converter if you used different I/O pins then 0 and 1.

jkdatoy23: Help guys, is it possible to transmit/recieve data to the computer through the USB port of the arduino if I convert two digital pins to TX and RX aside from 0,1 pins? Thanks!

To take you literally, an Uno or Mega has only one USB connection and it only works with the data on pins 0 and 1.

An Uno or Mega cannot generate USB signals on any pins - they both use a special extra chip to convert between TTL and USB.

As @DuaneDegn has said, you can use a separate USB-TTL converter (often referred to as an FTDI cable) to convert between a USB system and serial signals on other Arduino pins.

...R

Thank you for the answer I really appreciated it. Now it makes more sense to me. :)