[Help] Understanding Due Specs and General Questions

Hello all,

I've been having trouble searching the forum. No matter what I try, it displays the message "Your search query didn't return any matches".

I have a few simple questions (for experienced users) but as a beginner, I'm kind of struggling to understand the available resources. Please bear with me :frowning:

1. What time resolution is possible on Arduino due for digital pins? I saw on the product page it's 12 bits of resolution for the analog pins, and that the PWM pins can have the resolution changed. At a more basic level, what is knowing the resolution useful for? Could some one give me a practical example?

2. Related to the above: how fast can I do sampling on the digital, pwm and analog pins of the due? Can 100s of thousands of samples / sec be achieved? Does anyone know the max I can really go?

3. Are internal pull-up resistors pretty much most useful for button press scenarios? What other scenarios could they be used in?

4. How fast does the void loop function run?

For those of you who do answer my questions, could you list the sources/where you found the answer or explain how you reached that conclusion. As I mentioned, I've looked at datasheets and all before, but can't make much sense of it. Listing where you saw the information might help me click and make a connection. I really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Resolution applies to PWM pins, not digital as such. Its how many steps in duty cycle
you have, and defaults to 8 bit (256 levels) but will go to 12 bit (4096).

Can't remember the exact speed, but DAC and ADC access is a few microseconds.

Internal pull-ups stop inputs floating and wasting power on pins without hysteresis.

Search for a benchmark sketch perhaps?