Help understaning my error file

hello, i have an KeeYees dev 2866 board. i'm following a link to install the mqtt stuff with a dht11 sensor. i have all the libraries but i keep getting the below error and don't know whats wrong.

Arduino: 1.8.15 (Linux), Board: "SparkFun ESP8266 Thing Dev, 80 MHz, Flash, Disabled (new aborts on oom), Disabled, All SSL ciphers (most compatible), 32KB cache + 32KB IRAM (balanced), Use pgm_read macros for IRAM/PROGMEM, 512KB (FS:32KB OTA:~230KB), v2 Lower Memory, Disabled, None, Only Sketch, 115200"

In file included from /home/crack/Arduino/libraries/async-mqtt-client-master/src/AsyncMqttClient.h:4,
                 from /home/crack/Arduino/8266MBRM_sensor/8266MBRM_sensor.ino:15:
/home/crack/Arduino/libraries/async-mqtt-client-master/src/AsyncMqttClient.hpp:12:10: fatal error: ESPAsyncTCP.h: No such file or directory
   12 | #include <ESPAsyncTCP.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board SparkFun ESP8266 Thing Dev.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

there is a picture of the folder where it says files are missing.

the compiler tells you need to install

here for ESP8266

there for ESP32

i've done that, i downloaded the zip, and added file from zip in software

Hi @cyprus125. You've probably already learned that some Arduino sketches require you to install libraries. What may not be so obvious is that some libraries have dependencies on other libraries. So you need to install both the library your sketch uses as well as the libraries those libraries use, and so on.

When all is done right by the library authors, this is all handled automatically by the Arduino IDE. Unfortunately, the author of the library you're using has not provided for that convenience, so a little bit more effort is needed on your part. But it's easy enough. Just follow these instructions:

1. Download the ESPAsyncTCP library here: https://github.com/me-no-dev/ESPAsyncTCP/archive/refs/heads/master.zip
  2. Select Sketch > Include library > Add .ZIP Library from the Arduino IDE's menus.
  3. Select the downloaded file.
  4. Click the Open button.

You should now be able to compile your sketch.

Which zip?

your right, i clicked the wrong thing. i clicked add file from the skecth tab, when i should have clicked in the library and add zip.

thank-you.

this is what i'm following.

that is what i did wrong, i clicked the add zip ad the bottom of the Sketch tab thing.

such a new mistake and i'm greatfull for the help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.