Help!! Unknown GLCD pinouts. Can not find datasheet

Hi. I have found a graphic LCD that looks like all the others but when inspecting it there are only 18 pins. The last two pins does not seem to be connected to anything. I search google but I could not find a datasheet for it. The sticker at the back has this info
"GE-G12864J5-TGH-VGB/R"
If someone can help me please I wish to use it with my UNO.

It's probably a KS0108-based display with a resolution of 128x64 pixels.

It's fairly standard with 20-pins connector on these kind of displays, but your one is missing pins 19 & 20 which is used for backlight. As backlight is installed on your display, my bet is, that is draws its power from pin 1 & 2 alongside the controller.

// Per.

Thanks for the reply!
No the backlight has two pins a GND and a +5V. As you can see in the second picture the two tracks from the last pins. Those go to the backlight. I am really confused about this display. Even on the board the last two pins (17 and 18) where not even connected. So it uses only 16 pins including the backlight.

Even on the board the last two pins (17 and 18) where not even connected. So it uses only 16 pins including the backlight.

Are you sure that this isn't a multilayer board?

Connect power to pins 1 and 2 and measure the voltage between pins 1 and 18. Hopefully you will find a negative voltage at pin 18 with respect to pin 1.

Don

I found this datasheet but I do not know if it can be used like the there 128x64 lcds
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79398361/LCD%20128x64%20ST7920.pdf

The ST7920 is supported by u8glib, but what makes you sure, that the datasheet fits to your display?

Oliver

Can I use your library on the UNO using parallel connection. As it does not have PSB pin and I assume it is set high by default for parallel setting.
If yes do you know the pin connections please?

For u8glib, the actual pins do not matter. Just tell u8glib which pin is connected to which pin of the display. This concept is identical to the LiquidCrystal Lib of the Arduino IDE.

Use this constructor:
U8GLIB_ST7920_128X64_1X(d0, d1, d2, d3, d4, d5, d6, d7, en, di, rw [, reset])

Oliver

Thank You very Much Oliver! It Worked!! :slight_smile: I used Parallel connection using the Uno.
The thing that bothers me a little is that it does not have the PSB connection. I think SPI is faster and uses less pins too.
Maybe i'll try to find some kind of jumper on the back of the lcd that changes from parallel to serial.

Thanks again everyone!!