HELP - USB MIDI Device to Control an Effect Plugin in Cubase

Hello,

This is a coding/setup question. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

I have assembled a device meant to control the “SSL E Channel Waves Plugin” in Cubase. For those who don’t know, it is audio recording software. I used a MIDI Controller build as a template and then made some adjustments. I am using 11 digital buttons, 8 of which are connected to a (74HC4051) and 19 encoder pots, 16 of which are connected to two separate (74HC4051). All of these are connected to the Arduino Uno.

I would like to use the USB port from the Arduino Uno to connect to it my computer and send MIDI messages, without using a MIDI connector. I am novice at coding so I am unaware of exactly what to write. In addition, I don’t know if I would need a specific driver/firmware/concerter so that when I connect my Arduino’s USB to my computer, it recognizes the MIDI messages in my audio software and is functional.

I have attached my coding to view below. Again, any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time and consideration.

SSL_TEST_2.ino (8.25 KB)

USB MIDI Coding SSL.pdf (40.6 KB)

1 Like

An Arduino UNO is not the right tool for the job, it doesn't have native USB support. There are ways to get it working, but it's a pain.

Read this: MIDI over USB

A more modern alternative to Hiduino could be USBMidiKlik, but I haven't tried it myself yet.

Pieter

Hello,

Did you ever get this working, I am in the process of building a plugin controller myself with the Mega R3 board.

Did you have a look at the Control Surface library linked to in my previous reply?

ok its good, but you need use ARDUINO MEGA.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.