Help using ESP8266 without internet

Please I need help with a project on this aspect;
I have 3 ESP8266 modules and I need them to be able to communicate with each other without internet completely. They will be sending only strings to each other and from my design, there's no possibility of collision. Can AT commands achieve it...please any guide would be welcome.

JMary:
Please I need help with a project on this aspect;
I have 3 ESP8266 modules and I need them to be able to communicate with each other without internet completely. They will be sending only strings to each other and from my design, there's no possibility of collision. Can AT commands achieve it...please any guide would be welcome.

You don't even need a router.
You can give each module a static IP address on the same subnet and connected with a switch.

AT commands can be used only from MCU connected to esp8266 with AT firmware

ieee488:
You can give each module a static IP address on the same subnet and connected with a switch.

do you mean actual switches? would i be able to achieve this without extra gadgets except ESP8266 and arduino? Also any link to a tutorial or library will be appreciated.

one of the esp8266 can be an Access Point and the others connect to it.

install Arduino IDE and add esp8266 core. it containns the core, libraries and examples to write Arduino sketches for the esp8266

ieee488:

'switch' for WiFi?

Juraj:
one of the esp8266 can be an Access Point and the others connect to it.

install Arduino IDE and add esp8266 core. it containns the core, libraries and examples to write Arduino sketches for the esp8266

Thanks.
If i do it this way, will all wifi modules be able to communicate with each other even the one i set as server?
i just need to know if its possible so i wont be putting my energy in something that will not work.
Also will it be based on AT commands?
Thank you

You can do it with AT commands only if some other microcontroller is connected to esp8266, not with standalone esp8266.

With arduino core for esp8266 you can write sketches for communication between all your esp8266.

The ESP8266 Arduino Core is superior to AT commands in any way.

A Beginner's Guide to the ESP8266

Pieter

Juraj:
You can do it with AT commands only if some other microcontroller is connected to esp8266, not with standalone esp8266.

With arduino core for esp8266 you can write sketches for communication between all your esp8266.

With arduino core for esp8266, can i use serial communication to communicate with an arduino connected to the esp8266? because i'll need the data sent to the esp8266 to get to the arduino and the arduino will also send back to the esp8266 to forward to any destination IP i choose.
So if i use arduino core for esp8266 and i program it appropriately, i could simply use Serial.read and Serial.print to get my sending and receiving right?
Thanks everyone.

first time you mention the you will have Arduino connected to the esp8266. what model of Arduino?