Help w/code for counter using Arduino Uno, DFRobot lcd shield, and limit switch

I’m very new to arduino and know essentially nothing about coding, but I’m trying to create a counter. I want the counter to be count up by ones (starting at zero) and count every time the limit switch is pressed. I would like to have my counter count the number of times the limit switch is pressed in one minute then display the total and reset after about 5 seconds. If the code with the timing is too complicated to fix, I’ve tried to move on to a counter that will simply display the number of times the limit switch has been pressed after it’s been pressed (almost like a deli counter).

I have the following code for the timing attempt but when I press the limit switch nothing happens.

#include <LiquidCrystal.h> 
LiquidCrystal lcd(8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 7); 
int x=0; 
int count=0; 
boolean i=false; 

void setup() 
{ 
 lcd.begin(16, 2);              // start the library 
 lcd.setCursor(0,0); 
  pinMode(10,INPUT); 
} 
void input() 
{ 
  if(INPUT>2) 
  { 
    i = true; 
  } 
  else 
  { 
    i =false; 
  } 
} 

void timer () 
{ 
delay(1000); 
x=x+1; 
if (i==true) 
{ 
   lcd.clear(); 
   int count=count+1; 
   lcd.print(count); 
  } 
 if (x=6000) 
  { 
 lcd.clear(); 
 lcd.print(count); 
 delay (3000); 
 timer (); 
  } 
} 

void loop () 
 { 
   input(); 
  timer(); 
 }

The following code is for my simpler counter but I keep getting error messages on it. I also am not sure how to make it loop.

#include <LiquidCrystal.h> 
LiquidCrystal lcd(8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 7); 
int x=0; 
int count=0; 
boolean i=false; 

void setup()
{ 
 lcd.begin(16, 2)             // start the library 
 lcd.setCursor(0,0)
 pinMode(2,INPUT)
 pinMode(2,LOW);
} 

int count=0;

void count ()
{
  if (readDigital (10)=HIGH)
  count=count+1;
  lcd.print(count);
}

The error messages are:

Arduino: 1.6.3 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Uno"

Build options changed, rebuilding all

counter.ino:5:5: error: 'int count' redeclared as different kind of symbol

counter.ino:5:6: error: previous declaration of 'void count()'

counter.ino: In function 'void setup()':

counter.ino:11:2: error: expected ';' before 'lcd'

counter.ino: At global scope:

counter.ino:16:5: error: 'int count' redeclared as different kind of symbol

counter.ino:5:6: error: previous declaration of 'void count()'

counter.ino: In function 'void count()':

counter.ino:20:22: error: 'readDigital' was not declared in this scope

counter.ino:21:8: error: assignment of function 'void count()'

counter.ino:21:8: error: cannot convert 'void (*)()' to 'void()' in assignment

counter.ino:22:18: error: call of overloaded 'print(void (&)())' is ambiguous

counter.ino:22:18: note: candidates are:

In file included from C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal\src/LiquidCrystal.h:5:0,

from counter.ino:2:

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Print.h:61:12: note: size_t Print::print(char) <near match>

size_t print(char);

^

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Print.h:61:12: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from 'void()' to 'char'

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Print.h:62:12: note: size_t Print::print(unsigned char, int) <near match>

size_t print(unsigned char, int = DEC);

^

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Print.h:62:12: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from 'void()' to 'unsigned char'

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Print.h:63:12: note: size_t Print::print(int, int) <near match>

size_t print(int, int = DEC);

^

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Print.h:63:12: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from 'void()' to 'int'

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Print.h:64:12: note: size_t Print::print(unsigned int, int) <near match>

size_t print(unsigned int, int = DEC);

^

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Print.h:64:12: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from 'void()' to 'unsigned int'

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Print.h:65:12: note: size_t Print::print(long int, int) <near match>

size_t print(long, int = DEC);

^

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Print.h:65:12: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from 'void()' to 'long int'

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Print.h:66:12: note: size_t Print::print(long unsigned int, int) <near match>

size_t print(unsigned long, int = DEC);

^

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Print.h:66:12: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from 'void()' to 'long unsigned int'

Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
  "Show verbose output during compilation"
  enabled in File > Preferences.

Perhaps, I simply didn’t put everything together correctly (hardware-wise) and the first code is correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You don't have a void loop( ) function in your code.

You need to read http://playground.arduino.cc/Learning/SoftwareDebounce about debouncing a hardware switch.

if (readDigital (10)=HIGH)

should be

if (readDigital(10) == HIGH)
{
}
 pinMode(2,INPUT)
 pinMode(2,LOW);

Which name is correct for a MODE?

You can't have a variable and a function with the same name.

Look at the state change detection example. It does exactly what you are trying to do, except for impose a one minute interval. But, that is trivial to add once you have the switch wired correctly, are reading it correctly, and are detecting the changes (from pressed to not pressed and from not pressed to pressed).