Help Water 24hz experiment

Hey guys I'm new here and with all things arduino. I was trying to do the all known experiment ([). And i'm having trouble with the approach firstly knowing that arduino can only generate square waves do you believe this would work for the purpose of the experiment? Do I really need a sinewave? If not what's the best way to make a square wave and change the frequency with a pot? I would be using a speaker with an audio amplifier.

I would like also to ask if I could use a arduino sd card shield and play a 24hz WAV file, would this work??

I realize I need a special camera but that's not a problem for right now haha.

Please help me out!](Amazing Water & Sound Experiment #2 - YouTube)

All known experiment? The Michelson-Morley experiment? They ran it enough times....

There are sine-wave generators but I have no experience with them.

The Arduino Due (32-bit ARM chip, 84MHz) has 2 audio DACs and enough CPU to show video.

That experiment will probably work with a 24Hz square wave from the tone() function. Try it.

It does require your camera to be set to 24 fps. It won't work at all without the camera.

[u]Audacity[/u] is an audio editor that can generate sine, square, or sawtooth waveforms and save them as WAV or MP3, etc., and you can then play them on your computer or phone, etc.

Or, you can find audio generator applications for your computer or phone.

It appears that that experiment is using a large speaker with a fair amount of power. There are a lot of amplifiers that do not perform very well at that frequency or power levels. Look closely and you will see the bottom of the hose where the water is coming out is actually moving causing the water pattern you see. If you use a square wave I do not think it will work as the components cannot transition that fast. Those low frequencies can fry audio components unless they are rated at the power you need for the 24hz frequency. At lower frequencies it would even be better but the hardware cannot respond. From what I can tell this is working at the resonate frequency with a well dampened speaker. This response is to help you get started in solving your problem, not solve it for you.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

When a square wave hits a load, it won't be so square any more. If the wave is a very short pulse then don't worry, the load will be a big part of what actually happens.

A coil and magnet speaker is a type of motive device. That coil will change your wave.