Help with a double board setup

Hello!

I am very new to arduino but I am loving it already ! (also means I have a hard time to search for things)
I thank you in advance for reading and perhaps helping me out if you know how to :slight_smile:

My idea:

I want 2 Boards with exactly the same layout, 2 pwm dimmers (4 buttons, 2 Leds), one button to be able to group a board into a different channel, transceiver (NRF24L01).

My question :

1: How can I pair the boards so that when I press a button on board nr 2, board nr 1 reacts to it as if I were pressing on that boards button?

2: Is there a code to dim between two different leds, when one has 100% power the other one is at 0% and 50-50 and so on?

Thanks again !

Start by having a look at this Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial

If you want simple 2-way communication the system in the second example will probably be easiest to implement.

Wireless problems can be very difficult to debug so get the wireless part working on its own before you start adding any other features.

...R

Thank you for the tip ! I can think about the wireless later on but the most important question
for my project is how can I make a board become like a mirror to the other one ?
Not really implementing a master/slave mode but having both boards react the same and together,

Board 1 & 2 with the same layout ( one button and one LED )
When I press the button on either board one or two, both leds will light up. Is this possible ?

If you want to make two boards react the same, connect their input pins.

For a wireless solution define commands for each input, and send every command also to the mirror board.

avipami:
Thank you for the tip ! I can think about the wireless later on but the most important question
for my project is how can I make a board become like a mirror to the other one ?
Not really implementing a master/slave mode but having both boards react the same and together,

You need a bit of lateral thinking.

Establishing a master-slave relationship between the wireless devices does not prevent the boards from mirroring each other.

The master-slave arrangement is just to make the wireless easy. The master sends data to the slave (say 10 times per second) and the slave sends data back. Using that data both boards can adjust themselves to match the other aspects of each other.

What you really need to think about is the logic of your system. Consider a simple system in which both boards have an LED and a momentary push-switch. Let's start with both LEDs off. Suppose ButtonA (the button on board A) is pressed. Then LedA lights and a message is sent to boardB telling it that ButtonA has been pressed and that LedB needs to be turned on. ButtonB has not been pressed so boardB sends back that information. Later ButtonB is pressed and LedB is turned off and when boardA (acting as Master) sends a message that buttonA has not been pressed boardB will respond with a message saying ButtonB was pressed so boardA knows to turn off LedA

...R