Help with adding motor control

Hi All

newbee question

I have a sketch I'd like to add a stepper.

Currently I have the arduino pins 8 and 9 go high and turn on LED depending on going left or right, and drop low to turn off

define MOVE_LEFT_ON digitalWrite(motorPin1, HIGH);

define MOVE_RIGHT_ON digitalWrite(motorPin2, HIGH);

define MOVE_LEFT_OFF digitalWrite(motorPin1, LOW);

define MOVE_RIGHT_OFF digitalWrite(motorPin2, LOW);

this all works great to turn LEDs on or off, what I would like is to use pins 8 and 9 to turn a stepper left or right. I have a small stepper and controller board, but cant really suss it out, tried several things in the past but never got anywhere, just restarted looking at this project and would like to get it going

thanks

Cliff

Cliffb: Hi All

newbee question

I have a sketch I'd like to add a stepper.

Currently I have the arduino pins 8 and 9 go high and turn on LED depending on going left or right, and drop low to turn off

define MOVE_LEFT_ON digitalWrite(motorPin1, HIGH);

define MOVE_RIGHT_ON digitalWrite(motorPin2, HIGH);

define MOVE_LEFT_OFF digitalWrite(motorPin1, LOW);

define MOVE_RIGHT_OFF digitalWrite(motorPin2, LOW);

this all works great to turn LEDs on or off, what I would like is to use pins 8 and 9 to turn a stepper left or right. I have a small stepper and controller board, but cant really suss it out, tried several things in the past but never got anywhere, just restarted looking at this project and would like to get it going

thanks

Cliff

You might get some help if you had links to the data sheets on the mystery stepper motor and the mystery controller board.

Paul

a stepper motor is controlled by sequentially changing the polarity of two coils (or energizing 2 of 4 coils). typically requires 4 outputs. running the sequence forwards or backwards controls the direction of the motor.

search for stepper motors

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum". OR http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html. Then look down to item #7 about how to post your code. It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Thanks.. Tom... :)

Cliffb: I have a sketch I'd like to add a stepper.

It would be a lot easier to help with your sketch if we could see it. Adding things to invisible code is far too risky.

Steve