Help With arduino code

Hi,

I'm new to arduino and pretty new to computer programming in general. My plan is to control a simple 2wd turtle bot using a L298 H bridge and too dc motors. I wanted to check to see if my code works and wont completely blow up all my stuff!! Heres the code below code its not complete but I was wondering if I could set it up in this fashion and then call on forwards and backwards latter on in the loop.

// motors int ena=7; int enb=11; int in1=6; int in2=5; int in3=10; int in4=9;

void setup (); pinMode(ena,OUTPUT); pinMode(enb,OUTPUT); pinMode(in1,OUTPUT); pinMode(in2,OUTPUT); pinMode(in3,OUTPUT); pinMode(in4,OUTPUT); int forwards=(ena,HIGH)+(enb,HIGH)+(in1,HIGH)+(in2,LOW)+(in3,HIGH)+(in4,LOW); int backwards=(ena,HIGH)+(enb,HIGH)+(in1,LOW)+(in2,HIGH)+(in3,LOW)+(in4,HIGH);

You can't store state desired output pin states in an integer ike this:

int forwards=(ena,HIGH)+(enb,HIGH)+(in1,HIGH)+(in2,LOW)+(in3,HIGH)+(in4,LOW); 
  int backwards=(ena,HIGH)+(enb,HIGH)+(in1,LOW)+(in2,HIGH)+(in3,LOW)+(in4,HIGH);

To make it work, try writing functions:

void forwards() {
    digitalWrite(ena,HIGH);
    digitalWrite(enb,HIGH);
    digitalWrite(in1,HIGH);
    digitalWrite(in2,LOW);
    digitalWrite(in3,HIGH);
    digitalWrite(in4,LOW);
}
void backwards() {
    digitalWrite(ena,HIGH);
    digitalWrite(enb,HIGH);
    digitalWrite(in1,LOW);
    digitalWrite(in2,HIGH);
    digitalWrite(in3,LOW);
    digitalWrite(in4,HIGH);
}

Not sure if you are aware, but DFRobot makes a product called "Romeo" that is basically a Leonardo with two of the L298 drivers on the board. I used this on a project and it's nice and clean and doesn't require a separate shield for the motor drive. They include examples too.

http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=52_104&product_id=844#.UfMR2TzD_UA