Help with Arduino Radio with TEA5767 and LM386

Hi There,

I am in the process of building a radio using an Arduino Uno and a TEA5767 fm receiver.

I am just designing the PCB and have just made some changes and wondered if anyone could give me some guidance on if it looks right or not.

Basically I want to use an fm antenna with a 3.5mm jack on the end like the one attached and was wondering if how I have wired up J1 in the schematic looks OK. I’ve never done a project before that requires a 3.5mm jack socket on a PCB before. A picture of the jack socket I would like to use in my project is attached.

Also does the layout for the amplifier (the LM386) look OK. I’ve already got a PCB made with a different layout on it but think it may be missing some components as all I get out of it on the speaker is a kind of screeching noise not anything distinguishable. The layout shown in the attachment is the new one which I have changed to.

I am using an Atmega328p-AU chip as the microcontroller. I have written the code and the code is working but not sure about the sound output.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Brett.

20200107_000701.jpg

20200107_000257.jpg

20200107_001730.jpg

if you have 'screeching' problems with one design, do it on breadboard first to make sure the design is right.

I did it on breadboard first and it worked properly as expected.