Help with arduino uno and ada fruit finger print sensor

I am doing a project of creating a finger print device.So how to create a external database for finger print data and retrieve and send through network ? (Eg- MongoDB as the database)

lahirud:
I am doing a project of creating a finger print device.So how to create a external database for finger print data and retrieve and send through network ? (Eg- MongoDB as the database)

Yo! Cool. I was wondering about this thing. Please keep us up on what you do with it, how to use it, etc. It's pretty new.

The finferprint checkpoints are kept in the fingerprint module. I do not think there is an export capability. you need to contact the manufacturer.

There is an export facility where by you can extract the fingerprint template from the reader. However, once you do that what are you going to do with it? You can't just compare two fingerprint templates to see if they are identical because they never will be, even with the same fingerprint.
That is why when you enroll a print you have to read the image at least three times so you can average them. Then you get a fuzzy match ( real mathematical term ) which gives you a probability of a match. The fingerprint module knows how to do this but you ( and I ) don't because we don't know the data format of the template.

Can we use SD card to store a feature vector value of each finger print ?

What is one of these?

a feature vector value

Do you mean a fingerprint template?

Yes you can use an SD card to store a template, but you need to extract it from the SD card and do a comparison with the target print template. Then give it a mark for how closely it matches and then get the next and so on. This is going to be slow, which is why this data is normally kept on a fast processor.

Yes. Is there any example to get the template and save in the SD card ? ,As well as the retrieval part from the SD card ?
I was searching it but couldn't find it .

I think this is because the really hard part is the comparison bit. Reading and writing to an SD card is the same no matter what the data is. So any example using any data will serve.