HELP WITH ATMEL STUDIO 7

Hi folks haven't been on here in a little while if anyone uses atmel studio 7 this is a valid question
I can not get the studio to recognize My USBASP as a tool ..It programs my uC,s just fine ..BUT
I can not change Fuse settings . It says Please select a Tool ..HUH that's funny there's nothing
to choose from ...I remember I used to be able to use the simulator but now it doesn't even show that
any help would be appreciated..Thanks

Here is what i get when i burn program to it so i know everything else is rite ?

[codeavrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e9307
avrdude.exe: NOTE: FLASH memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be performed
             To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
avrdude.exe: erasing chip
avrdude.exe: reading input file "C:\Users\Brandon\Documents\Atmel Studio\7.0\ATmeg8_InputCapture\ATmeg8_InputCapture\Debug\ATmeg8_InputCapture.hex"
avrdude.exe: writing flash (92 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.03s

avrdude.exe: 92 bytes of flash written
avrdude.exe: verifying flash memory against C:\Users\Brandon\Documents\Atmel Studio\7.0\ATmeg8_InputCapture\ATmeg8_InputCapture\Debug\ATmeg8_InputCapture.hex:
avrdude.exe: load data flash data from input file C:\Users\Brandon\Documents\Atmel Studio\7.0\ATmeg8_InputCapture\ATmeg8_InputCapture\Debug\ATmeg8_InputCapture.hex:
avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\Brandon\Documents\Atmel Studio\7.0\ATmeg8_InputCapture\ATmeg8_InputCapture\Debug\ATmeg8_InputCapture.hex contains 92 bytes
avrdude.exe: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.02s

avrdude.exe: verifying ...
avrdude.exe: 92 bytes of flash verified

avrdude.exe: safemode: Fuses OK

avrdude.exe done.  Thank you.

]

This sounds a bit like calling at the Fiat dealer looking for advice about your Ford car :slight_smile:

...R

VERY helpful INFO there

can someone who uses atmel studio help me ...with NO wise cracks i would post this on AVR FREAKS but don't know how

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e9307

If you're using avrdude for programming, then you're not using Atmel Studio's built-in programmer support, that's probably been added as an "external tool" using something like this.
You'll probably need a similar external command to program the fuses. I don't know offhand how to do that, nor did a quick web search turn up anything :frowning:

Well thank you westfw im currently working on figuring this thing out .. Thank you for a straight answer