Help with code

Hi!

I am new to the world of arduino, and have never tried to program before. I have been playing with electronics for years but never programmed.

I really want a code for my project, and have been searching around the web for days, without getting much closer.

My project is:

5 Carel NTC temperature sensors, and i want a high and low temperature alarm setting for all, and a real time read out.

I has got to send an mail if there is an alarm.

I use Arduino Yun, and Carel NTC.

The only code i can find is http://computers.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-read-temperatures-with-arduino--mac-53714

It is working, but has only got one sensor :(

Can someone please help me in the right direction?

Thanks

How do you plan to send an email?

jremington> I have no idea ;) But it MUST be possible?(i guess).

If you really are new to programming as well as the Arduino start by studying and trying the examples that come with the Arduino.

You need to get a grounding in the basics before embarking on your project. If you don't you will just become intensely frustrated and give up.

The Thread planning and implementing a program may be useful - but even that is not really intended for someone who has zero programming experience.

It may even be a good idea to put your Yun to one side for the moment and get an Uno to start learning with.

...R

jremington> I have no idea ;) But it MUST be possible?(i guess).

Hint: if someone has done a project similar to yours and has posted instructions or code, search engines can probably find it.

If you use search terms like "arduino send email" -- the first entire first page gives links to various methods for using an Arduino with an internet connection to send (you guessed it!) email.

I have been reading a lot of examples, but I can’t seem to find a code with multiple analog inputs that would work with My sensor. Any guidance to modifying the code ?

First learn how to read and interpret multiple analog inputs, starting with the example code to read a single input. Then it will be easy to figure out how to send the data.

If you have difficulties with that step, post the code you are working with and forum members can help.

Jremington. Thanks for your reply. I have been looking at alot of single input codes and they Are starting to make sense. But I can't figure out how to modify the code to work with 5 sensors. I use this http://computers.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-read-temperatures-with-arduino--mac-53714

Kpscon:
I use this http://computers.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-read-temperatures-with-arduino--mac-53714

Help us to help you by posting the code here - and please use the code button (the scroll with <>)

so it looks like this

…R

I use this code:

void setup() { //This function gets called when the Arduino starts

Serial.begin(115200); //This code sets up the Serial port at 115200 baud rate

}

double Thermister(int RawADC) { //Function to perform the fancy math of the Steinhart-Hart equation

double Temp;

Temp = log(((10240000/RawADC) - 10000));

Temp = 1 / (0.001129148 + (0.000234125 + (0.0000000876741 * Temp * Temp ))* Temp );

Temp = Temp - 273.15; // Convert Kelvin to Celsius

Temp = (Temp * 9.0)/ 5.0 + 32.0; // Celsius to Fahrenheit - comment out this line if you need Celsius

return Temp;

}

void loop() { //This function loops while the arduino is powered

int val; //Create an integer variable

double temp; //Variable to hold a temperature value

val=analogRead(0); //Read the analog port 0 and store the value in val

temp=Thermister(val); //Runs the fancy math on the raw analog value

Serial.println(temp); //Print the value to the serial port

delay(1000); //Wait one second before we do it again

}

val=analogRead(0);      //Read the analog port 0 and store the value in val

temp=Thermister(val);   //Runs the fancy math on the raw analog value