Help With Directional Control of Motor

Hi, I am relatively new to the world of electronics and arduinos, and I have a few questions. I would like to use my arduino uno to control the directions of three dc motors. Essentially, when I hit a switch i need the motor to run in one direction for 1/2 second, then immediately in the other direction for 1/2 second. I would like each motor to be controlled by a separate switch if possible. Is this idea possible/feasible? What would the code be? How would I go about doing this? I apologize in advance for any dumb questions. Thank you all for your time and help!

This is all very feasible. It sounds however that you have no programming or electronics experience.

The motors need to be driven via a H bridge to enable reversing. The particular type depends on the size of your motor.

The button is simple. Connect a 10k resistor from 5v to a digital input pin (not 0 or 1) and connect a switch from the pin to ground.

The programming of reading the button is simple. I suggest you read the "Planning and implementing an Arduino program" under the Programmimng topic.

Learn some basics then get back for further advice.

Weedpharma