Help with Matrix / LCD number display system

Hello,

I am just posting to see if anyone would be able to advise me the best approach to programming a number display system. Or even later down the track Text / Number display.

Just in case anyone is confused, I have a control box with a 16x2 lcd module and 5 push buttons. (Up, Down, Forward back & Confirm). This will be where you can select a number maximum of 3 digits long. I’ve chosen 123. I would choose that number then hit the confirm button which will then post that number onto the LED matrix.

I have all of the parts and basic programming knoledge in the arduino IDE. I just need help getting started with the project.

I have all of the hardware required and I will post some helpful information below.

Hardware:
1x Arduino UNO
50x Male to Male jumper leads
50x Male to female jumper leads
1x 20x20 breadboard
1x 20x20 prototype board
1x 32x16 Red monochrome LED Matrix (DMD)
1x 16x2 LCD Panel

For the DMD I am using the DMD2 library as that is all I can get working and use proper fonts with.

Schematic for the ribbon cable (DMD → Arduino)

Feel free to ask any questions.

Feel free to ask any questions.

What have you tried?
What happened?
What did you expect to happen?

This is NOT the "Do my coding for me for free" hotline.

PaulS:
What have you tried?
What happened?
What did you expect to happen?

This is NOT the "Do my coding for me for free" hotline.

I understand your last point however I just need general advice of avenues I could take to build my code.

I have tried using cases however that only effects the LCD however I need advice on how to post that data to the matrix.

Thanks

Have you considered to start with one of the examples that comes with the library. Once you understand that, you should be able to quite easily integrate it into your existing sketch.