Help with mc68hc11

Hi.

I am trying to access the bootstrap mode of a Motorola mc68hc11.

I have a program called jbug11 which i can not get to work with the cpu. Ive tried to find the original program called buffalo but cant find it anywhere

Can anyone shed any light on what im doning wrong or any way to access the bootstrap mode

Thank you

(deleted)

Ive tried to find the original program called buffalo but cant find it anywhere

I just did a Google search with the term Motorola Buffalo monitor and a copy popped up as the first hit. That's the documentation, if you need the actual chip that might be a problem.

I've got a 68HC11 Development Board around here somewhere but it's been more than a decade since I have used it.

Don

Thanks floresta

On the development boards does it allow you to put MODA and MODB to ground or 5v depending on what mode you want to run.

That's asking a lot. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast.

Don

I used to do a fair bit with the 68HC811 and still have a number of them in tubes here as well as some of the boards I developed back last century.

I recalled I have the actual M68HC11 reference manual tucked away, which I now have at hand on the desk now. Page 3-15 talks about special bootstrap mode, which then goes on for quite a few pages explaining how to do various things.

I guess you don't have this manual ?

Paul - VK7KPA