Help with MKS Gen V1.4 firmware

Hi,
I'm new to 3D printing and just started using an Ender 5 from Creality. I'm working on upgrading the controls to an MKS Gen V1.4 but haven't been able to connect to it.
I have downloaded the Marlin/Arduino software but don't know how to get it talking to my board.
Do I need 12/24vdc on the board or just USB? I have my 12864 display connected but it only lights up blue with no text.

Thanks,
Scott

Ok, So I have Arduino IDE connected to my board and was able to compile and upload, I just don't have anything to upload. How do I get the Ender 3 configuration into Arduino so I can upload it?

Thanks,
Scott

I'm getting closer. I have Marlin firmware ready to upload but it isn't for the right board - I need to find firmware for MKS Gen V1.4

Alright, I figured out that selecting the example file for the Ender 3 configured the firmware for the STOCK Ender board. I'm using the vanilla firmware now but am getting hung up on an error that says:

"U8glib.h: No such file or directory"

I probably need to comment some things out and uncomment some others, but I don't know how - I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Scott

I got it working - just took patience - still need to figure out the various configuration settings but I'm on my way

Thanks for taking the time to provide an update. I'm glad to hear it's working now. Enjoy!
Per