Help with network connected arduino project

Hi there,

I am working on a college project that allows simple interactions over an online network. So far I have experimented with Pachube which has been great but I am looking for a more synchronous medium (pachube only allows make query max every 6 seconds) so that interactions are realtime and responsive.

For now my connectivity is just from Arduino to computer via. usb but will start looking at into using ethernet shields soon.

Does anyone know of any Arduino or Processing libraries that could help make this connection for me or point me in the direction of going about doing this..

thanks. :)

Does anyone know of any Arduino or Processing libraries that could help make this connection for me or point me in the direction of going about doing this..

You really need to be more specific with details on just what you are trying to do.

So to create a 2 way interaction say there will be 2 Arduinos with a pushbutton and a led when the pushbutton is pressed on arduino A it will turn on the light in Arduino B and vice-versa.Hope this makes it somewhat clearer..

If the Arduino is to be connected to the PC, the PC can send serial data to the Arduino. That data can be read and parsed by the Arduino. The PC could send "Hey, sleepyhead, turn the LED on pin 6 on". The Arduino could read the request, and figure out what to do. Of course, you could use a somewhat simpler protocol to convey the needed information.

If and when you add the ethernet shield, the client and server classes both derive from the Print class, which happens to be the base class for the Serial class. So, the process of collecting bytes into strings, and parsing the strings will remain identical.