Help with Piezoelectric buzzer :/

Hello eerybody. So I am still very new to the arduino world and am constantly exploring new hardware as I dont know much about it. I have started taking old things apart to see how they work and if I can power them on my arduino board. Today I took apart and old alarm clock with the hopes of powering the buzzer on the arduino. I have it out and tried to hook it up directly to a 9v battery just to see if it would be as easy as supplying it with power and (not surprisingly) it is not. My question is how do you produce a sound, tone, buzz, or anything really with this type of buzzer?

It should produce a click when you connect 9V to it and another when you disconnect the 9V. To produce sound from it, use the Tone library to generate a square wave on an output pin, Connect that pin to the piezo via a 150 ohm series resistor, and connect the other size of the piezo to ground.

There are two types of buzzer:

1) Just apply power and it will start making a noise.

2) This type needs to be driven with a tone/frequency to produce any noise. Note however that the frequency range of most of these types of buzzers are rather narrow, 2.5 to 3Khz normally.

dc42: It should produce a click when you connect 9V to it and another when you disconnect the 9V. To produce sound from it, use the Tone library to generate a square wave on an output pin, Connect that pin to the piezo via a 150 ohm series resistor, and connect the other size of the piezo to ground.

Ah I did get a click with the 9v but a very quiet one.