Help with programming

Hi everybody, I would like to know if this is possible.

A infrared sensor which if it detect something in front of it, send a signal to arduino (sign 1 ON). Two wires with voltage, and with copper tape in the extremes of the wires, that, if the copper tape is touched (the electric circuit receives voltage), it doesn't send any sign to arduino. But, if the copper tape is not touched, it send some sign to arduino (sign 2 ON)

If arduino receives 2 signs ( if it has one sign or none sign), the arduino has to beeping (with a speaker or anything) which it can be stopped with a button.

I would like to know too, if that circuit, which I was talking about before, it always have to being received voltage. In this case, I would connect the circuit in a plug, or if there is somehow that with this circuit, or at least, this bases, the circuit can be connected to a battery, without exhausted voltage, because I assume (and, please, correct me if I'm wrong) that if the circuit is always receiving voltage, and the sensor is doing calculations, my battery is going to be a deplete battery.

A lot of thanks, guys!

PS: sorry, my english is not perfect.

Sorry, but I can't make any sense of your description of the circuit. A drawing would help.

The infra-red sensor will consume power while it is active - but maybe it does not have to be active all the time. The contact switch made from copper tape will consume very little power if you use the Arduino's internal PULLUP resistor.

If it is an option to put the Arduino to sleep for periods of time you can greatly reduce the power consumption. See Nick Gammon's power saving tutorial.

...R

UKHeliBob:
Sorry, but I can't make any sense of your description of the circuit. A drawing would help.

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Robin2:
The infra-red sensor will consume power while it is active - but maybe it does not have to be active all the time. The contact switch made from copper tape will consume very little power if you use the Arduino's internal PULLUP resistor.

If it is an option to put the Arduino to sleep for periods of time you can greatly reduce the power consumption. See Nick Gammon's power saving tutorial.

...R

The circuit must always be active :S

PacoMaguirre0:
The circuit must always be active :S

"always active" is a very different thing for computers than it is for humans.

Would it matter if the Arduino goes to sleep for 10 millisecs and then wakes for 5 millisecs repeatedly? That would make a big difference to the average power consumption.

...R

Please attach your images, instead of giving us a link to an image hosting site.