Help with sequential control of LEDs using push buttons

I have a project… 12 LED’s to be lighted sequentially with the use of the buttons…

This the sequence when the Circuit started Led 1 is already lit up which indicates that push button 1 is press Led 2 will light up then Led 1 goes off then when Led 2 is lighten up it means push button 2 is to be pressed it goes up to Led 12 then after the last push button is pressed it will reset to Led 1 already lit up.

That’s the sequence… The Led will tell what push button is to be pressed but the sequence is from 1- 12…

The twist in this problem is that when u press the wrong push button a buzzer sound indicating that you pressed the wrong button… for example led1 is lit up you press any from push button 2-12 or another example is led 1 is press then you press pushbutton 1 the led 2 will light up but after led2 light up you press again pushbutton 1 buzzer will sound also.
another twist they give me is can i make the transition of led will take place after releasing your hand on pushbutton.
for example, LED 1 is lit up, press pushbutton 1 and hold pressing the button the led1 is still light up it will only change to led2 when i release my hand on pressing push button 1…

Tnx for advance… i am not really good at programming…

What stage are you at? Do you have a circuit?

Hi, can I make a suggestion, you will not get many forum members looking at your post if it is titled "Programming Help.."

You can edit the Subject, please change it to what you want help for.

for example, "Help with sequential control of LEDs using push buttons."

That way members will notice your request, we do not read every post on the forum, you have to get us to notice you.

Tom.. hope to help...... :)

Yes, I agree about the title.

I nearly didn't open it.

Imagine if all messages were called "help, I need help".

thanks... I have change the title...

I actually did it using D flipflop set reset latch... set the led and reset the previous led...

it works nicely for sequence... but after they said that can be the transition take place after released of press... I use a relay to that but the problem is when the relays trigger some led light up automatically even there is no connection... it only happens when the relay is triggered.. a friend told me it is much easier in program and latching would not be that sensitive... but im just noob on programming and know little on C++...