Help with servos

I'm using 20 servos JX RD-5622MG 180 and 300 for a walking robot. I was looking on internet about how to do the control and get the feedback position without using the potenciometer but I haven't found anything. Does anybody knows if there are a way to do that programming it and how?

Try these? Feedback servos

-jim lee

get the feedback position without using the potenciometer

Are you worried that the servos won't be where you told them to move to ?

UKHeliBob: Are you worried that the servos won't be where you told them to move to ?

yeah, that's right

What would stop them ?

If you have typical, cheap hobby servos and a decent power supply, the servos simply burn out if something prevents them from arriving at the commanded position.

That includes the internal end stops.

If you need feedback information from a servo, you either need to buy a servo that provides that info (and jimLee suggests in reply #1) or add that to your servos. An encoder might work. Or I have seen articles online about opening up the servo and adding a wire to the sweeper of the internal pot.

On a tangent, be careful that you do not design in torque requirements beyond the torque available from your servos. It is very easy to assume that a servo can move a leg to lift the bot - and then you add weight for 19 more servos, the structures that they move and the power for all those servos, and suddenly, the servo can no longer lift the bot by moving the leg.

Hi, Have you got the spec on the servos? How much current will they need?

Have you made up a project just to control and measure the power needed to drive these units? Don't forget that even though a servo may be stationary, it can still be consuming quite a bit of current if it is supporting a load.

Thanks.. Tom.. :)