Help with shifting text to the left or right

Hello,
I’m trying to program a Arduino Mega screen and having some problems i was wondering if anyone could lend a hand.

I have 2 problems:
Problem 1: using these library
#include <dht11.h>
#include <Servo.h>
#include <UTouch.h>
#include <UTouchCD.h>
#include <UTFT.h>
#include <memorysaver.h>

i am trying to shift the text that I’m writing on screen left and right. I can shift up and down that’s easy just not left and right. Here is the line of code im using:
myGLCD.print(fred, LEFT, 50);

So it prints fred on the left of the screen and 50 pixels down. Got that. However i cant move right a little. if i add (, 20) on the end it rotates the text through 20 degrees.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Second problem is that im trying to get the “fred” part of that statement to be a changing value int. Its a temperature that i want to refresh every 10 seconds taken from a temperature sensor. i have the sensor working correctly i just cant get the compiler to agree to display an int on the screen. it says it needs to be a const car or a String.

Again any help would be appreciated.

Releah

P.S. the program im working on is attached in case you want to see the actual code

Mini_Program_0_3.ino (1.7 KB)

So it prints fred on the left of the screen and 50 pixels down. Got that. However i cant move right a little. if i add (, 20) on the end it rotates the text through 20 degrees.

You could provide a link to the library, so we can see what options are available.

Second problem is that im trying to get the "fred" part of that statement to be a changing value int. Its a temperature that i want to refresh every 10 seconds taken from a temperature sensor. i have the sensor working correctly i just cant get the compiler to agree to display an int on the screen. it says it needs to be a const car or a String.

I wonder what would happen if you used itoa() to convert the int to a string...

Try adding (,0, 20) to the end, this should be documented in the library of what your using, however. Trial and Error.

I would suggest that you have a read of the Manual which has very kindly been witten by Henning - you can find it here Electronics - Henning Karlsen.

The format for the print function is :

print(st, x, y [, deg]);

You can use the literals LEFT, CENTER and RIGHT as the x coordinate to align the string on the screen - if you want to use different coordinates then you will need to specify both the x and y cordinates.

For your second question you may wish to have a look at the difference between the Print, printNumI and printNumF functions.

Cheers

Ahh hah, reading the manual really helped xD i have now downloaded them all!

Sorry for not reading the manual.

Now i know that there are manuals i shall make sure i read them!

Thank you,

Releah

Sorry for not reading the manual.

Don't be, if your a bloke that's expected :slight_smile:

Rob