Help with swfltech time32 library

Ok, it sort of has been asked before.

Their library offers "sunrise" and "sunset" times.

These would be handy for my clock as it would get the Sun rise time and adjust the brightness as needed. Likewise for the evening when the sun sets. Dim the display.

There are 2 versions. _S and _W

Both come with an "include" and "time" directory which I am guessing need to be compiled, or what ever.

Alas that is beyond what I know how to do.

One even has an .EXE file in with it.

Sorry, but I am needed a bit of help how to make either of these two versions workable with my setup so I can use the library in my clock for display brightness adjustments.

Thanks. (Oh, not sure how quick I will be replying to responses, as the notification doesn't seem to be working.)

Their library offers "sunrise" and "sunset" times.

You'd think that, by now, you'd know that the first question we are going to ask is where you got the library that you can't use.

Alas that is beyond what I know how to do.

I'm trying SO hard to refrain.

Sorry, but I am needed a bit of help how to make either of these two versions workable with my setup

I'm going to guess that "my setup" is an antique sundial. Am I close?

Paul,

just now my LIFE{} is a bit of a mess. I have more problems than I want and am TRYING to keep myself alive.

The site which seems to have them is:

http://swfltek.com/arduino/builds/

Usually when I download a library, it is ready for use. These seem to need to be "built".

Once I get the hang of what is needed I don't mind doing what I have been shown.

When I started with Arduino, I really jumped in feet first to the deep end knowing Jack $hit about it. But necessity being the mother of things, I had to get things working and got my alarm clock working and a few other little things.

The clock is one of them and while looking around I found these "libraries" but couldn't use them. So I use the standard ones and it "worked" but the extra features were not available.

I have moved a bit forward in my knowledge base, but obviously not far enough.

I come here hoping for help. Yes, sometimes I do ask/say/do stupid things. I didn't know it was "illegal" to do that.

So what I am needing to know/learn is what are these "files" - which look like C/Arduino files anyway but won't work/load - and how to make them so they do.

The code for the clock is (I thought) by the way, as the libraries won't load, that is where the problem is and not my code.

Although I am sure someone would take great pleasure in punching a few holes in it.

Oh, and I am still not getting e-mail notifications. See my other post where I have tried logging in, un ticking the box, logging back in and re-ticking it.

To help with the question here (attached) is the said “file”.

There are two versions so I have included them both.

As stated, I am not yet that understanding of what these thing “work”.

time32_S.zip (226 KB)

To help with the question here (attached) is the said “file”.

There is another one but that is too big.

Basically the same.

time32_S.zip (226 KB)

I can't figure out where to put those files, either. Where did you get the libraries? Perhaps there is a "how to use this with an Arduino" there.

Sunrise and sunset code is discussed here - http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=66426.0 -
in quite some detail.

Where?

Alas I don't remember. Windoze doesn't keep that information.

An older OS I used to use did. Ah, nostalgia.

Thanks for the link on the discussion. Shall look at it.

And as a side note, I am still not getting notifications. I'll post (again?) in the website part of the forum.

@lost_and_confused: If the clock is strictly for your own use, just put in a table of sunrise and sunset times. You can get the actual times from this site: http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneYear.php

In order for any method of dealing with sunrise and sunset to work, you must first have some way of dealing with Daylight Saving Time (or Summer Time, if you're European). What does the code for your clock look like now? Have you any way of dealing with Daylight Saving Time? Or do you have to manually reset the time twice a year?