Help with Temperature control of window fan.

Ok so I can’t program to save my life. I’m good with hardware. And I know this can be done but I can’t design it. Here the project.

I have a window fan that I run when it’s cool outside, to save money. I’d like to automate its operation. So what I want is to have 2 thermometers, one inside and out outside. Then have it so that when the temperature inside is above 70 AND the temperature outside is under 65. Then a relay is activated letting 120vac threw to the fan.

I know this is super simple. It could be as easy as 2 thermocouples going from power to analog in. and 1 digital out controlling a relay. But I can’t program to save my life.

I even have a parts list :frowning:

Would anyone be willing to write the code and draw a circuit diagram? I’ll pay $20 over pay pal for it. I know I’ll have to tweek the code to get the temperatures right. But if you leave me comments in the code as to what variable to change and what kind of changes I should make to the variable. Then I can calibrate it. And I can solder just about anything if I have a basic line drawing. I’m NASA certified at soldering xD.

Before you go too far, try to load this example program onto your Pro Mini which, according to the schematic, has a green LED on pin 13. The LED should blink. This will test your ability to load a program which, on the Pro Mini, is not trivial because it has no inbuilt USB interface (FTDI).

/*
  Blink
  Turns on an LED on for one second, then off for one second, repeatedly.

Most Arduinos have an on-board LED you can control. On the Uno and
  Leonardo, it is attached to digital pin 13. If you're unsure what
  pin the on-board LED is connected to on your Arduino model, check
  the documentation at http://arduino.cc

This example code is in the public domain.

modified 8 May 2014
  by Scott Fitzgerald
 */

// the setup function runs once when you press reset or power the board
void setup() {
  // initialize digital pin 13 as an output.
  pinMode(13, OUTPUT);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(13, HIGH);   // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
  delay(1000);              // wait for a second
  digitalWrite(13, LOW);    // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
  delay(1000);              // wait for a second
}

You didn't even fucking read what I wrote did you? There are 3 possibilities right now. Either 1#You're someone with the mental capacity of a carrot (Or an actual carrot wired into this forum) 2# You think I'm a carrot wired into this forum. Or your some prick that didn't bother reading anything and just spam all posts. Find something to sit on and spin.

Lets be very clear, I work for NASA. I put shit together For NASA. I know this can be done. I jsut have a weak spot in programing. I'm not bullshitting you when I have put vehicle on the bottom of the ocean (1015 feet sea water) And into space. (The ISS and soon MARS) So when I come to you people and try to requisition a simple program I know what I'm talking about. I want 5 minutes of some ones time for some REALLY simple code.

What I don't want is condescending BS, irrelevant statements about how I'm gonna upload. And I really don't want what was it THE BASIC CODE FOR BLINKING.

I"M NOT RETARDED OK!

I am sorry that my efforts to assist you did not meet with your full satisfaction.
I don't think a computer program will solve all your problems.
But, anyway, good luck with your search for a solution.

User Sarah_T_Geek banned for a week for inappropriate language.