Help with ultrasonic sensor and 3 Axis Gyroscope + Accelerometer Module

HI there,

Am on my final year at London South Bank University studying BSc Engineering Product Design and for my major project am designing a better navigator for the blind (visually impaired) people. my design will try to eliminate the standard blind canes. Am thinking of designing a wearable product (something like a wristband/fitbit) which will use ultrasonic sensor to detect obstacle and for stability am thinking of using gyro and accelerometer (MPU6050 module) programmed with arduino. However, I am new in arduino and this is yet a concept design.

I need help in connecting an ultrasonic sensor with a stabilizer

• also would like the results from ultrasonic sensor in form of a voice messge e.g. turn left/avoid left/vibration etc etc

Best
Rishi

Will that be able to detect subtle hazards like changes in elevation like curbs & sidewalks? I think canes are really good for that.

@crossroads

Yes i would like it to detect as many obstacles outdoor as possible

I do not know what ultrasonic sensor would be ideal for that, i have looked into this one; Ultrasonic Module HC-SR04 Distance Measuring Transducer Sensor for Arduino

Also if anyone is based in London, it would be nice to meet up and discuss this over