Help with unidentified sensor module

Hello,

I am sure one of you have come across one of these modules?
It is the first time i see this and I am very new.
I want to know what it does.
It has a S8550 transistor and a CD4541 IC and a trim potentiometer, and a DO. looks like a timer switch?!

Thank you for your help.

If you had bothered to Google for "CD4541" you would see in the first result it is a timer. So I guess you might assume the board is a timer.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB: If you had bothered to Google for "CD4541" you would see in the first result it is a timer. So I guess you might assume the board is a timer.

Paul

Thank you Paul, I have spent hours, looking for an article about this module, which is nonexistent. I did guess it is a timer, yet nothing happens, no matter how long you wait, DO is always LOW (or HIGH depending which jumper on the board is used). The POT is supposed to change the duration it takes for the switch to turn on (or off), in theory. The reason I am asking here is non of these theories are happening.

ThatNerdyGuy: Thank you Paul, I have spent hours, looking for an article about this module, which is nonexistent. I did guess it is a timer, yet nothing happens, no matter how long you wait, DO is always LOW (or HIGH depending which jumper on the board is used). The POT is supposed to change the duration it takes for the switch to turn on (or off), in theory. The reason I am asking here is non of these theories are happening.

Now you learn to draw a schematic, using the data sheet picture of the chip and pins. Trace the board traces from each pin to the component where it ends, then add the component, resistor/capacitor, jumper or what.

From your schematic and the frequency selection table and the digital timer application schematic, you will learn how the thing is set up. It could be a single shot device to delay the starting of other devices when power is first applied, or could be a retriggerable timer, as when the master reset is pulsed.

I can't see all the silk screening on the board, so can't tell if there is an input connection somewhere. If there is no input connection, then the only possibility is a delay timer. Could be wrong about that.

In any case, you need to do the circuit schematic in order to clarify the board's use.

Paul