Help with using Logitech Extreme 3D + Arduino Uno

Hello arduino world. My name is Daniel and I am new to this strange world.

I am working on a project where I will be controlling Victor 888's with Arduino Uno. But that is not my problem, for I know how to make the victors work and move. My question is, will it work for me to have the Joystick plugged into my laptop and then have my Arduino Uno connected to my laptop and have the Joystick values be transferred to the Uno? Because I need to have my joystick axis values for the code to work properly. Help!!!

will it work for me to have the Joystick plugged into my laptop

Don't know. Don't know what kind of joystick you have, and/or whether there is even a mechanism to plug it into the PC.

nd then have my Arduino Uno connected to my laptop

That will certainly work.

and have the Joystick values be transferred to the Uno?

What is going to read the joystick values? Is it capable of sending the data to a serial port?

Because I need to have my joystick axis values for the code to work properly.

For what code to work properly? I didn't see any code.

Don't know. Don't know what kind of joystick you have, and/or whether there is even a mechanism to plug it into the PC.

It is just a USB 2.0 joystick that I plan on plugging into the USB port on my Laptop

What is going to read the joystick values? Is it capable of sending the data to a serial port?

I was considering just using the laptop to read the joystick values and send it to the UNO also connected to the PC via USB. So it should be, of course I am not to sure.

For what code to work properly? I didn't see any code.

What I meant by "the code" is the simple arcade drive concept that I had planned. The problem is I don't know how to code Arduino that well. Do you?

Thank you for taking the time in your day to respond to my question.

Peace, Love, and Robot Grease

Do you?

Yes.

Peace, Love, and Robot Grease

But not all in the same pocket.

If you have other questions, we'll keep the light on for you.

So is there a Library or driver that Arduino already has as standard with the IDE that I should include to get Joystick Values?

Thanks. :)

that I should include to get Joystick Values?

The Arduino isn't getting joystick values. Some application on the PC is.The application on the PC is sending data to the Arduino.

What does that data look like?

The arduino Program is getting the values? In that case, how do I transpose those recieved input values as variable for the program to utilize?

The arduino Program is getting the values?

Is it? I haven’t seen your Arduino program.

In that case, how do I transpose those recieved input values as variable for the program to utilize?

Hell if I know. I have no idea what data you are getting.

What is the PC sending?