Help with wordclock

I'm trying to build a wordclock. I have 3d printed and bought the parts. And now google gets me nowhere. Please help the noob!!

My error is:
Arduino: 1.8.15 Hourly Build 2021/05/12 03:35 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Uno"

/var/folders/yd/d4m9h63s7dj3r6kyfp5rsqm80000gn/T//ccdW5eq7.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function checkDST': /Users/n/Documents/Arduino/libraries/DST_RTC/DST_RTC.cpp:37: undefined reference to rulesDST'
/Users/n/Documents/Arduino/libraries/DST_RTC/DST_RTC.cpp:37: undefined reference to rulesDST' /var/folders/yd/d4m9h63s7dj3r6kyfp5rsqm80000gn/T//ccdW5eq7.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function write':
Multiple libraries were found for "DST_RTC.h"
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Print.h:53: undefined reference to rulesDST' Used: /Users/n/Documents/Arduino/libraries/DST_RTC Not used: /Users/n/Documents/Arduino/libraries/DST_RTC-1.1.1 /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Print.h:53: undefined reference to rulesDST'
/var/folders/yd/d4m9h63s7dj3r6kyfp5rsqm80000gn/T//ccdW5eq7.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function checkDST': /Users/n/Documents/Arduino/libraries/DST_RTC/DST_RTC.cpp:55: undefined reference to rulesDST'
/var/folders/yd/d4m9h63s7dj3r6kyfp5rsqm80000gn/T//ccdW5eq7.ltrans0.ltrans.o:/Users/n/Documents/Arduino/libraries/DST_RTC/DST_RTC.cpp:55: more undefined references to `rulesDST' follow
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Uno.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Please read the instructions on how to use this board. Also my eyes are not what they use to be and I cannot see your schematic, I know you drew one and not a frizzy thing.

I'm trying to do a new build for an old version of the World Clock, so I'll see if I can figure this out and post here.

In the mean time, noob or not, step through the error messages one by one and you'll see that you have several issues - one of them you can likely fix on your own (Multiple libraries were found for "DST_RTC.h")

Here's what I'm getting today:

C:\Users\john\AppData\Local\Temp\cc8vpVU7.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `DST_RTC::checkDST(DateTime) [clone .constprop.21]':
D:\dev\hardware\libraries\DST_RTC/DST_RTC.cpp:36: undefined reference to `rulesDST'
D:\dev\hardware\libraries\DST_RTC/DST_RTC.cpp:36: undefined reference to `rulesDST'
D:\dev\hardware\libraries\DST_RTC/DST_RTC.cpp:71: undefined reference to `rulesDST'
D:\dev\hardware\libraries\DST_RTC/DST_RTC.cpp:71: undefined reference to `rulesDST'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Multiple libraries were found for "Wire.h"
 Used: C:\Users\john\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\adafruit\hardware\avr\1.4.13\libraries\Wire
 Not used: C:\Users\john\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.8.3\libraries\Wire
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Pro Trinket 5V/16MHz (USB).

So for some reason I have two versions of the wire library. this isn't killing the build for me, but it probably is something I want to fix (just like you probably need to make sure the IDE can only find the one DST_RTC library (although I could be wrong)).

For assembly instructions, take a look here: Small Word Clock - Make:

I just looked at the GitHub repo for the original project and it was updated a while back to deal with the changes in the DST Library. You can get the latest code at GitHub - andydoro/WordClock-NeoMatrix8x8: Wordclock using NeoMatrix 8x8. As soon as I updated my clone and changed the LED settings to match my hardware, it compiled the first time.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.