HELP!

I'm an absolute rookie and need some help with a University project. I have a concept, but no idea on where to start to put it together.

My Idea is:

A musical, interactive project using multiple Leap Motion sensors and multiple pressure pads to allow people to interact with music in Apple Logic. I will use PureData to convert the signals from the sensors to feasible information for Logic to receive. The pressure pads will input simple on and off features whereas the Leapmotion sensors will have many variables that will affect the sounds. Looking at other peoples projects, Arduino seems like the best way to go to ensure all of these inputs will work. First of all though is having an understanding of how to even put together a prototype!

I would really appreciate some help with this.
Thank You,
Lewis Dolan

Lewisdolan:
I will use PureData to convert the signals from the sensors to feasible information for Logic to receive.

So if I understand correctly, PureData already converts the signals to the Apple logic...?
Then why would you need an Arduino?

So if I understand correctly, PureData already converts the signals to the Apple logic...?
Then why would you need an Arduino?

Because PD needs some way of reading the sensor information and that's where the Arduino comes in.

However you can miss out PD if you want and go straight in to Apple logic through MIDI.

Use the helper application "Hairless" and fire off MIDI formatted messages to it from the Arduino.

There are tons of MIDI projects around, this is one of mine:-
http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Hardware/Pendulum.html