Hex from Aurduino Software

Hello all, I am newbie to Aurduino. Can anybody tell me the lolcation of hex file generated from the aurduino softwar. As I dont have Aurduino board and i want to use aurduino library for my project. So i have successfully compiled my code in aurduino software but i not getting the hex file of the project. Please help me.... Thanx in advance

The hex file is inside the applet folder that is inside your hex folder. However you don't get it when you compile only when you download.

If you haven't got a board, choose a serial port that you do have and click upload. You will eventually get an error but you will have created all the files.

@Grumpy_Mike, Thanx for reply I got the file location. but I am not getting what do you want say about serial port. ? thses line ???? However you don't get it when you compile only when you download. If you haven't got a board, choose a serial port that you do have and click upload. You will eventually get an error but you will have created all the files.

The tools menu has a choice of serial ports. You normally choose the port of your arduino, you haven't got one so choose one of the computers internal ports. If you don't you won't get as far as generating the files you want.

Maybe this is a silly question, but the hex file that is generated is designed for a specific board. That's why you have to tell the compiler which board you have.

If you don't have an Arduino, what are you going to do with the hex file that is specifically set up for the board you don't have?

If you don't have an arduino you may just have an atmega chip and a programmer that isn't supported by the arduino app (although I'm not sure there are any :P)

what are you going to do with the hex file

Well I didn't want to ask, it seemed rude. :-[

Ahhhh, you didn't mention which version of the Arduino IDE you are using. If it's before 0018, the answers given are mostly correct. If you are using 0018, then here's a bit more info because it doesn't but the hex and support files in a neat Applet folder under the sketch folder as before.

Compile works nicely, it puts the compiled hex and support files in a temp folder in a totally different spot. Hold the Shift key down as you click compile (verify) and make note of the verbose text - the path will be given there. In Windows it will be something on the order of "/my documents and settings", then name logged in, then.... I don't remember them all, LONG path to drill down thru each time. AND YOU MUST get copy the folder before exiting Arduino IDE or this folder will be deleted. Also, be sure to copy folder before compiling a different sketch or it will be overwritten.

V 0018 is a real mess like that, but it's workable.

The statememt about Verify doesn't create a hex file was correct previous to 0018, but now it does. You can also do an upload to get the hex and support files.

Ken H>