hi , need help setting up my project

Hello all ,

i am fairly new to the world of arduino , but i have following project .

i have a old CNC machine at my garage that has a RS 232 Serial communication to my computer .
however because its always a mess having cables laying around in the garage , i would like to build a arduino bluetooth communication that can take care of taking my program data from and to my machine.

this is my current setup :

machine with rs 232 <------>ethernet cable fixed with DB32 and DB9 connectors <----> DB9 to usb Connector <---->computer

this is what i would want to become :

machine with rs 232 <----> bluetooth sender/reciever dongle <—>bluetooth sender/reciever dongle <—> computer

would this be possible with arduino HC-05 and HC-06 bluetooth transmitters ?
and if so could anybody point me in the right direction on how to start at this ?

a have been looking around but could not find a solution ,

First you need to pick better categories to post in by reading the sections headers.

To aid you with that are two links below which are important to new users.

Your topic was Moved to it’s current location / section as it is more suitable.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

Do you know for sure your PC program can use BlueTooth?

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
Do you know for sure your PC program can use BlueTooth?

Paul

Hi Paul , my computer does have bluetooth but i would like to use a arduino bluetooth dongle so the data would be entered by one of my com ports , but indeed my program only supports serial or com ports for data entries .

Thanks for the reply.

Does your PC program upload the entire CNC program or does it upload line-by-line when the CNC asks for it? Does your CNC use any signals or transmissions to tell the PC to stop sending, then begin sending, in order to control the data flow?

Paul

have been looking around but could not find a solution ,

while bluetooth is fine for non-critical applications I'd be VERY hesitant to use it in the situation you describe. Which is maybe why you couldnt find a solution.

You would certainly need to program in fail safes.

however because its always a mess having cables laying around in the garage

why not fit a cable duct or trunking to protect your cables?