Hi pressure sensing

The project I have needs to remotely measure and store data of a high pressure wave in 1-2 millisecond intervals. What sensor might be used, and any general suggestions on accomplishing the product would be welcomed. I am new to arduino, but have some experience with micro controllers.

Thanks,
Jim

Please describe in more detail what you want. What is high pressure? Wave?

For this job I would expect a pressure wave of about 1 second of up to 500 psi. A future test might have a much higher pressure, maybe 2k to 10k psi. The sensors I have seen generate their output in either volts or amps.
Jim

Air, water, oil or?

Widpyro:
The project I have needs to remotely measure and store data of a high pressure wave in 1-2 millisecond intervals. What sensor might be used, and any general suggestions on accomplishing the product would be welcomed. I am new to arduino, but have some experience with micro controllers.

Thanks,
Jim

A pressure gauge that has 1-2 millisecond response rate AND the range you wish (0-500 psi, later up to 10K) would be extremely expensive and I'm not sure you could even find one at any price? Most industrial pressure sensors use a metallic diaphragm that has some small mass and moves in response to variable pressure inputs, this takes finite time until reading settles into the accuracy range of the sensor.

Good luck but it sounds to me like your project is hanging on the need of something that is darn near unattainable.

Piezo pressure transducers are capable of nearly 20KHz frequency response and the pressures that you are expecting. They are used in testing ballistic devices so must have high frequency response and a very high resonant frequency. Kistler and PCB are two of the manufacturers of piezo transducers. They are not cheap and may need amplification to connect to an ADC. Some are charge output and some have a built in charge amp to provide a voltage signal.

groundfungus:
Piezo pressure transducers are capable of nearly 20KHz frequency response and the pressures that you are expecting. They are used in testing ballistic devices so must have high frequency response and a very high resonant frequency. Kistler and PCB are two of the manufacturers of piezo transducers. They are not cheap and may need amplification to connect to an ADC. Some are charge output and some have a built in charge amp to provide a voltage signal.

Any links available?

PCB.com and KISTLER.com. The Kistler 601B is the transducer that I have the most experience with.
0-15KPSI, 10% to 90% rise time 2uS. They require a charge amp to get a voltage output. The PCB ICP ™ transducers have the charge amp built in and output in mV.

here is my code. still getting error messages. Please excuse my ignorance as to what the errors are:
int led1 = 1;
int led2 = 2;
int led3 = 3;
int led4 = 4;
int led5 = 5;
int led6 = 6;
int led7 = 7;
int led8 = 8;
int led9 = 9;
int led10 = 10;
int led11 = 11;
int led12 = 12;

void setup() {

pinMode(led1, OUTPUT);
pinMode(led2, OUTPUT);
pinMode(led3, OUTPUT);
pinMode(led4, OUTPUT);
pinMode(led5, OUTPUT);
pinMode(led6, OUTPUT);
pinMode(led7, OUTPUT);
pinMode(led8, OUTPUT);
pinMode(led9, OUTPUT);
pinMode(led10, OUTPUT);
pinMode(led11, OUTPUT);
pinMode(led12, OUTPUT);

long delayValue = 1000;
while(delayValue >=30)

void loop();
{

delay(delayValue);
digitalWrite(led1, HIGH);
delay(delayValue);
digitalWrite(led1, LOW);
delayValue-=10;
}

If you expect help, why not mention what the code is supposed to do, what it actually does and what the error messages are? Is there some relationship to "high pressure sensing"?

So far, I haven't seen much evidence for successful mind readers on the forum.