HID mouse max refresh rate

Hello,

I would like to control the mouse of a PC, from another PC. The arduino card would be controlled with it's COM port ; my question is what would be the max refresh rate I could have with the Arduino card ? I mean, if i want to move my mouse across a 1920*1080 screen, one pixel by one pixel, in less than 1s, I need to post a move(x,y) instruction at least 2000 times per second. Is the arduino hardare is capable of that ?

Thanks

I haven't ever done it, but that rate doesn't seem excessive to me. You would need to run the communications link at a high enough speed. Where would these movement commands originate from? Are you aware that mice don't usually send separate events for each pixel moved? What you're proposing would behave substantially differently from a real physical mouse.

The idea is that a program on a computer A will send commands via COM port to the Arduino card, and the Arduino card will also be connected to a computer B where the mouse has to be emulated.

PeterH:
Are you aware that mice don't usually send separate events for each pixel moved? What you're proposing would behave substantially differently from a real physical mouse.

I'm not aware of that ; can you describe the behaviour of a real mouse ?

Thank you