High CPU usage on 2.0.0-beta.3

Forgive me, this has probably been raised before but I can’t seem to find it if it has.

I’m getting high CPU usage on 2.0.0-beta.3, granted my machine is old (9 years) but it really seems to be high.
As soon as I start editing the usage ramps up really quickly. This is on a project with about 400 lines of code.

My machine. i7-3520M (2,9 GHz Dual-Core), MacOS 10.15.7.

(Not sure sure if this is a good way to measure it) According to mac’s activity monitor it averages at about 120% or so.

Cheers.

Hi @loopash. Is the usage constant, or does it only spike after you have edited the sketch, compiling, or uploading?

Hi pert,

Sorry, to be clear it is the "Arduino IDE Helper (Renderer)" that is causing the high CPU usage. I was testing it now to see what is exactly triggering the high usage.

These are the steps that seem to be causing it:

I have multiple desktops setup on MacOs (10.15.7).
Arduino IDE is on Desktop 3, I do some editing.
I then move to Desktop 2 or 1.
I repeat this process of editing and moving to other desktops and then back to the desktop that the IDE is on a couple of times, lets say more than 10 times and the CPU usage starts ramping up. Also moving the activity monitor with to the other desktops shows that the CPU usage is especially high when I'm NOT on the desktop with the IDE and when I move back to the desktop with the IDE the CPU usage start to drop again.

Hope this helps.

Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 10.28.40.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 10.28.40.jpg

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.