High Current H-Bridge

Hello, I am trying to power a stepper motor to draws 1.7A and the H-Bridge I have and most that I have found are only rated for 1A. I was wondering if there was any other options out there besides using the Adafruit motor shield. I am pretty new to all of this stuff and and having a difficult time finding a good tutorial on the motor shield so I would prefer to avoid it if possible.

Thank you

The Sparkfun Monster Motor Shield will handle this current. It’s a bit more expensive but it has a lot of nice functions and it’s almost bulletproof.

They have other cheaper options but I’ve never used them myself.

jjm10n: Hello, I am trying to power a stepper motor to draws 1.7A and the H-Bridge I have and most that I have found are only rated for 1A. I was wondering if there was any other options out there besides using the Adafruit motor shield. I am pretty new to all of this stuff and and having a difficult time finding a good tutorial on the motor shield so I would prefer to avoid it if possible.

Thank you

That sounds like a low impedance NEMA17 bipolar stepper?

Don't even think of using H-bridge shield for that, it needs current drive with a chopper driver.